providing clients with the highest quality representation

Domestic Cases (Order of Protection)

If you have been issued with some type of domestic violence or disturbance charge, you are likely to have an order of protection put out against you in short order. This can prohibit any contact with the individual that made the claim, and it can also impact the rights that you have to visit your children. Needless to say, domestic cases are serious matters. That judge will be looking at all of the evidence in the case and issue a ruling according to the law. This is why you will want Chicago IL family lawyers looking out for you from the beginning. If you are involved in a domestic case, you will want to consult with The Law Offices of Jeffrey J. Kent right away.

What Is An Order of Protection?

An order or protection is also commonly referred to as a restraining order. It essentially requires a person to either cease behaving in a certain manner or to stop contacting the person who has made the request. The reason this matter is so serious is that it is usually made in conjunction with a serious criminal accusation such as domestic violence, stalking, or sexual assault.

What Should You Do?

If you are hit with an order of protection, the first thing you must do is to take it seriously. If the order has already been processed, then you will immediately want to abide by what it says so that you are not found to be in contempt. At the same time, you need to remember that you have legal rights. You must be notified of the request, unless it is a temporary restraining order, and be permitted to have a court hearing. This is where you will want to rely on Chicago IL family lawyers to represent you.

If you are involved in a domestic case, you will want to contact The Law Offices of Jeffrey J. Kent for assistance right away.

Contact Us

Please contact us today to see how we can be of service to you.

Law Offices of Jeffrey Kent, P.C.

33 N. Dearborn, Suite 1950
Chicago, IL , 60602
Map & Directions

Contact Us

Phone: (773) 580-8172
Contact us for more information.